The global pandemic has already taken more than 4 million lives and it has changed the way we work, live, play, and interact with others in so many ways. Because of COVID-19, our lives will never be the same and the world is still grieving.
Due to increased pandemic safety measures, many people didn’t have the opportunity to say goodbye to their loved ones or to honour them properly. The pandemic’s impact goes beyond the individual losses and throughout the affected communities, cities, and countries of the World.
Our challenge is to design a public memorial, to honour those who have departed as a direct result of the COVID-19 outbreak and to bring some closure to those who are suffering the loss of friends, family, co-workers, and loved ones. It will be a collective reminder for both present and future generations and a symbol of hope that mankind can withstand and overcome any obstacle.
This should go along with a short description of your proposal, no more than 150 words.
While there is no defined location chosen as of yet, we are asking participants to select a site from their home country. It is recommended to choose a location that is publicly available and accessible to all. This ensures that every person that has been affected by the global COVID-19 pandemic can visit the memorial and share in the remembrance of those who have departed as a result of COVID-19.
This competition is open to everyone 18 years and older and it can be developed individually or by teams. Each team can contain a maximum of 4 members.
- 1st- Prize – £750 + Certificate + Publications on Selected Media
- 2nd Prize – £300 + Certificate + Publications on Selected Media
- 3rd Prize – £150 + Certificate + Publications on Selected Media
- +3 Honourable Mentions -+ Certificate + Publications on Selected Media
- Early Registration – £20
- Regular Registration – £40
- Late Registration – £65
Student discount is 10% upon request.
Referral discount is 25% upon request.
For groups registrations, please contact us for discount request.
- Šťastný Pavel, Šťastný Pavel Architekt, Czech Republic, http://www.en.sp-am.cz
We are an architectural studio based in Liberec, Czech Republic. The studio was founded by Pavel Šťastný in 2003. We design houses, residential and commercial interiors, design. It is not a small or large project for us. We approach each assignment with professional consistency. We provide a service for the client, from the concept design, through the necessary official permits to successful implementation and realization. In 2016, I received an honourable mention in the Grandprix of Czech Architects for the project of House in Liberec.
- Rujana Marković, Studio Arhitektri, Croatia, http://arhitektri.hr
Born in Split Rujana Bergam Markovic (1975) studied at School of architecture at the University of Zagreb, where she graduated in 2001. Together with Aleksandar Markovic, Rujana owns and practices architecture in studio Arhitektri in Zagreb.
Their office focuses on providing exceptional design with a thoughtful and personal approach. The aim of the office is to make a lasting contribution to the urban and natural context by challenging, provoking and thinking outside the box.
For the last six years, the Office has been working on and leading the extensive reconstruction and revitalization of the Franciscan Monastery and Fortress on Lopud. They are currently working on projects for family houses and apartment buildings, as well as interior design projects for public facilities. Their works have been published in architectural journals and exhibitions.
- José Martins, Martins Architecture Office, Portugal, https://www.m-ao.pt/info
José Martins graduated at the Faculty of Architecture of the University of Porto and has a Master degree in Architecture and Urban Culture at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya.
In 2012 he won the EU-Japan Fest Japan Committee’s Scholarship for a research project about emergent offices in Tokyo.
He was assistant tutor at Porto Academy in 2013.
From 2011 to 2013 José was President of Portuguese Architectural Association in Braga.
He worked with Frits van Dongen in the De Architekten Cie in Amsterdam before establishing his own office in 2013.
From 2016-18 he was Art Director at the Brazilian product design company called ALMA.He regularly publishes his works and writings in Portugal and abroad.
From 2016-18 he was Art Director at the Brazilian product design company called ALMA.
Competition Officially Announced – 11 December 2021
Early registration – 11 December 2021 to 15 February 2022
Regular registration – 16 February 2022 to 14 March 2022
Late registration – 15 March 2022 to 22 March May 2022
Deadline for questions – 17 March 2022
Closing Date for Submissions – 23 March 2022
Jury Evaluation – 24 March 2022 – 07 April 2022
Announcement of Winners – 14 April 2022
All dates (23:59 hours US Eastern Time)
- A single (1) A2 horizontal presentation board with the details listed below must be submitted via http://aic-hub.com/.
- Image Format: A single JPG extension file presentation board (must not exceed 5MB).
- Presentation boards must not indicate any information related to an individual’s/team’s identity.
- All information provided in writing must be in English.
Although is not mandatory, you can record or photograph your work environment during the proposal development stage. In case you will be one of the winners, we would be happy to share it in our platform.
The submission should include, (but are not limited to) the following required drawings:
- 3 dimensional representations explaining the design, perspectives, and montages which display the character of the project.
- Building / Site sections which illustrate key aspects and major spatial or programmatic elements.
- Floor plans to show the interior spatial arrangements and program.
- Elevations demonstrating qualities such as material, texture, and colour.
- Large scale drawings that illustrate innovative details or integrated aspects of design.
- All drawings should be presented at a scale appropriate for the design solution and include a graphic scale for reference.
- Concept – 15%
- Design – 20%
- Practicality – 15%
- Innovation / Originality – 20%
- Site Location – 10%
- Presentation – 20%